Associate Professor of Ophthalmology
Anthony Kuo, MD is an Associate Professor of Ophthalmology and Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering at Duke University. He is a clinician-scientist with an active clinical practice in cornea and refractive surgery and an active laboratory program developing and translating high resolution optical coherence tomography (OCT) technologies for ophthalmic use.
With collaborators at Duke, he is also involved in the development and translation of intra-surgical OCT technologies. His research has been sponsored by the National Institutes of Health, Research to Prevent Blindness, the U.S. Department of Defense, and the Coulter Foundation among others.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Ophthalmology
- Office Location: 2351 Erwin Rd, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-3799
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- M.D. Vanderbilt University, 2002
- University of Pittsburgh, 2003
- University of Pittsburgh, 2005
- University of Pittsburgh, 2006
- Duke University, 2008
- Kuo, Anthony N., Maria S. Cortina, Mark A. Greiner, Jennifer Y. Li, Darby D. Miller, Roni M. Shtein, Peter B. Veldman, Jia Yin, Stephen J. Kim, and Joanne F. Shen. “Advanced Corneal Imaging in Keratoconus: A Report by the American Academy of Ophthalmology.” Ophthalmology, October 19, 2023. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ophtha.2023.07.030.
- Wei, Franklin, Kristen Hagan, Christian Viehland, Yuankai K. Tao, Anthony N. Kuo, Joseph A. Izatt, and Al-Hafeez Dhalla. “Hybrid spiral scanning in a double-clad fiber-based handheld confocal scanning light ophthalmoscope.” Biomedical Optics Express 14, no. 10 (October 2023): 5162–81. https://doi.org/10.1364/boe.500608.
- Trout, Robert M., Christian Viehland, Jianwei D. Li, William Raynor, Al-Hafeez Dhalla, Lejla Vajzovic, Anthony N. Kuo, Cynthia A. Toth, and Joseph A. Izatt. “Methods for real-time feature-guided image fusion of intrasurgical volumetric optical coherence tomography with digital microscopy.” Biomed Opt Express 14, no. 7 (July 1, 2023): 3308–26. https://doi.org/10.1364/BOE.488975.
- Li, Jianwei D., Christian Viehland, Al-Hafeez Dhalla, Robert Trout, William Raynor, Anthony N. Kuo, Cynthia A. Toth, Lejla M. Vajzovic, and Joseph A. Izatt. “Visualization of surgical maneuvers using intraoperative real-time volumetric optical coherence tomography.” Biomed Opt Express 14, no. 7 (July 1, 2023): 3798–3811. https://doi.org/10.1364/BOE.488967.
- Song, Ailin, Kyung-Min Roh, Jay B. Lusk, Nita G. Valikodath, Eleonora M. Lad, Mark Draelos, Pablo Ortiz, et al. “Robotic Optical Coherence Tomography Retinal Imaging for Emergency Department Patients: A Pilot Study for Emergency Physicians' Diagnostic Performance.” Ann Emerg Med 81, no. 4 (April 2023): 501–8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annemergmed.2022.10.016.